It’s officially my birthday you guys- I’m 23! I was originally going to do a post about how I celebrated my birthday but obviously this year I was not able to celebrate it. So instead I decided to write a post about the things I’ve learnt over the last 23 years.
1. Be patient and understanding. Not everything can happen instantly and you can’t be perfect all the time so be patient and take your time. And always be understanding not only towards others but towards yourself too.
2. Take chances. You would rather not succeed and have tried than not have tried at all.
3. Saying no is important. It doesn’t make you a bad person or selfish. It means that you are your priority and in some cases that is something that’s necessary.
4. Be selfish. It’s okay to be selfish and do what makes you happy. It’s not on you to make others happy and it’s not your responsibility to fix other people. Just stick to working on yourself.
5. Stop apologizing for everything. Apologizing for what needs to be apologized for is great but don’t apologize for everything even things that are not in your control.
6. Be grateful. Always be grateful for everything and everyone you are so lucky to have in your life.
7. It’s okay to be different. This is something I’ve always suffered with. I’ve always been “different” even when I’ve tried really hard to be “normal”. However, over the years I’ve realised that it’s okay to be different and there is no “normal”. Everyone is beautiful and unique in their own way.
8. Be yourself. Again I had a hard time being my authentic self when I was younger especially in my teenage years. That’s why I love the WordPress community so much- it really gave me a place to figure out who I am and embrace it.
9. Listen to what people are really telling you. Sometimes it’s really about how someone says something and how they choose their words that speaks volumes of truth. I talked about this in my 2020 goals post but what I’ve learnt is when someone apologizes don’t say “it’s okay” because that tells the person that their behavior is okay when it’s not. Another example would be if someone says “I’m sorry but…” and continously makes excuses- they’re not sorry they’re just saying it.
10. Always be kind. Even to those that don’t necessary deserve your kindness. Don’t be a pushover but don’t be unkind.
11. Sometimes silence is the loudest response. You don’t always have to have the last word. Sometimes not saying anything speaks volumes.
12. Who you are constantly changes. As you grow and evolve so does your personality. It doesn’t mean you’ve become a different person it just means you’ve grown.
13. Make priorities. Priorities are important because you can’t do everything. And if you do try to do everything perfectly you’re going to be in for a rude awakening.
14. Make memories. Work hard but make sure you take some time out to make memories.
15. Always listen to your gut. If something doesn’t seem right get out of there. You’re gut doesn’t lie.
16. Don’t give up. Failure is something you will always face in life and you will always have people trying to bring you down but don’t give up on you. Be your biggest cheerleader.
17. Travel, travel and travel!
18. Always try to keep an open mind. Don’t judge people, instead try to put yourself in their shoes and understand where they’re coming from.
19. Try to constantly be learning something new. Learning new things is important no matter how old you get and whether or not you’re in school.
20. Don’t take things personally. Sometimes it’s not about you- in fact a lot of times it’s not about you. We as humans tend to be a little self absorbed. I’m guilty of it and so is everyone. But it’s important to remember that everything is not always about you.
21. Cut out toxic people. They’re never going to change and they’re going to take you down with them.
22. Work hard for what you want. Don’t let anyone or anything stop you from achieving your dreams. Work hard to achieve your dreams.
23. Happiness should be your priority. A lot of things are important but your happiness should come first. Do what makes you happy.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): firstname.lastname@example.org
Support The Blog- Leave A Tip!
Tipping cows is bad… but tipping lifesfinewhine would be really helpful for the writer!