So before last week I was on the right track and blogging regularly but on Saturday I started feeling slightly sick but I just ignored it and I was like it’ll probably go away. But by Sunday night it got really bad so I decided to go to the doctor on Monday and get it over with.
Unfortunately, the doctor misdiagnosed my symptoms and gave me the wrong medicines which literally made me feel like I was dying. I have seriously never felt that bad in my life.
So I went to a different doctor recommended by a friend and she at least diagnosed me correctly. However, even after asking her to give me mild medicines since I am sensitive to most medications and get allergic reactions she still gave me really strong medicines and the next day not only was I super sick but now my face and half my body had broken out in rashes.
They were super red and itchy and I had no idea what to do so I went to a third doctor and he told me they were an allergic reaction to the meds I was taking and that it was a really high dose of a very strong medicine. I was pretty pissed considering I had told her I wanted something super mild but I just let it go since she was just trying to do her job (not very well though).
Anyway now that I’m off all the meds, except the allergy ones, I feel much better and I think I’m going to be fine soon. Moral of the story: Don’t get sick in Kenya unless you know a really good doctor (and if you know a really good doctor in Nairobi let me know because I am not going through this again!)
Also I realized I forgot to mention what I had- it was swollen lymph nodes, a throat infection, fever and a runny nose.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
And check out my HubPages: https://hubpages.com/@poojagudka
Email me on (we accept guest posts!): firstname.lastname@example.org