“After many months of working with world-class perfumers and testing our products in real life, we created a collection of perfumes that gave us the answer we were all looking for. Skylar is a brand of natural perfumes that you can feel great about spritzing. The name Skylar was inspired by the qualities of a clear day – airy, natural, and beautiful.”
The other day I was lucky enough to receive some amazing samples from a brand called Skylar. They make perfumes which are vegan, cruelty free and hypoallergenic. Their products are also Paraben free, Sulfate free, Phthalate free, Allergen free and they also have no Synthetic Dyes. Plus since they are certified vegan they have no animal products in their perfumes either. For more on their ingredients click here.
Skylar prefers to use as many natural ingredients as they can and the rest of the ingredients are also tested to make sure they are not harmful to the person using them.
I had been looking for vegan and cruelty free perfumes for a while now when I came across their site. It was actually one of those freak instances where the universe kind of pushes (or usually in my case shoves…) you in the right direction.
They have six perfumes in the sample box and for this part of the blog I will be talking about them individually:
- Arrow- “Warm, spicy and seductive.” I really liked the smell of this one. It smells exactly how they describe it. I think this would be perfect if you’re one of those people who loves socialising or going out a lot. I also think this would be the perfect perfume to wear on a date. It has that punk rock aura to it that I absolutely loved.
- Capri- “Sparkling, zesty, and sweet.” I really liked this one too. I think this is perfect for spring when the flowers are coming in and you’re no longer freezing to death. If you’re a social person with an extroverted personality this is what I assume your scent would be like.
- Coral- “Fruity, floral, and flirty.” This one was my sisters favourite out of all of them. I think this is the perfect scent for summer because it’s so light and fruity- it feels like you just came back from picking fruit. My sister has been using it every day even though it’s winter but I think it still totally works!
- Isle– “Clean, dewy, and fresh.” This scent is very reminiscent of the ocean or the beach. This is another perfume that would be absolutely perfect for summer. It kind of reminds me of when you’re a kid and your parents take you to the beach. The perfume really brings back good memories.
- Meadow- “Floral, elegant, and beautiful.” This is my second favourite scent out of all six of them. It smells very fresh like you’re sitting in a garden full of flowers. I think this is the perfect perfume for spring and summer especially it you’re an outdoorsy person.
- Willow- “Woodsy, lush, and cool.” Although I loved all the samples this was my absolute favourite. I’ve been wearing this every day since I received the samples. It is totally the perfect scent for my personality. It’s earthy and it feels like your sitting in a forest and I just absolutely love it. I love nature and to be able to smell it all day long is just the best feeling ever especially since it’s winter and nothing smells earthy right now.
My Final Thoughts
As I say a lot on this blog I have very sensitive skin and a lot of makeup products and perfumes cause me to get eczema and so I was a little nervous to try out Skylar, a brand I had never used before. However, thankfully my skin was totally fine and there was no reaction from the perfume at all. So if you are very sensitive I would recommend trying out these perfumes.
I think the price is not the most affordable but I do think it’s worth the price. It lasts the whole day for me even though I spray it on in the morning and since it’s hypoallergenic it doesn’t mess up my skin. Plus, it’s vegan and cruelty free and better for the environment then other perfumes.
In case you’re confused about which one to buy they have a quiz that will match you with the perfect perfume for you.
If you’re still not sure whether you want to buy the perfumes try out their sample palette. It costs $20 but you earn a $20 credit which you can use to buy a full sized bottle of whichever one you liked the best! And if that’s not enough I was able to get you guys a discount! Use the code POOJA10 (all caps) to get 10% off.
“We contribute a portion of our proceeds and time to Step Up – non-profit organization that provides mentorship for underprivileged high school girls across the country.”
To check out Skylar click here.
For more of my favourite vegan brands click here.
If you enjoyed this post don’t forget to like, follow, share and comment!
Enjoyed this post? Then follow me on social media:
Email me on(guest posts welcome!): firstname.lastname@example.org